A Bigger Splash by David Hockney
David Hockney is one of the most popular and widely recognized artists of our time. For over sixty years he has enchanted audiences with his bold, colourful, and innovative art. Painted in 1967, A Bigger Splash is perhaps David Hockney’s best-known artwork,
It depicts a swimming pool beside a modern house, disturbed by a large splash of water created by an unseen figure who has apparently just jumped in from a diving board. He used acrylic paint on white cotton duck canvas to paint A Bigger Splash, he was one of the first artists to make extensive use of acrylic.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.