Le Rêve by Pablo Picasso
Le Rêve “The Dream” is a 1932 oil painting by Pablo Picasso, then 50 years old, portraying his 22-year-old mistress. Le Rêve shows the 50-year-old Picasso’s 22-year-old mistress, Marie-Thérèse Walter, in erotic reverie.
Half her head appears to be a penis; her hands form a vagina. It’s a primal painting and a blissful one, with its simplified forms, lush colours and dancing patterns. It is said to have been painted in one afternoon, on 24 January 1932.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.