American Gothic by Grant Wood
American Gothic is a 1930 painting by Grant Wood in the collection of the Art Institute of Chicago. The highly detailed, polished style and the rigid frontality of the two figures were inspired by Flemish Renaissance art. He used his sister and his dentist as models for a farmer and his daughter. The man and woman, in their solid and well-crafted world, with all their strengths and weaknesses, represent survivors. It quickly became one of America’s most famous paintings and is now firmly entrenched in the nation’s popular culture.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.