Cafe Terrace at Night by Vincent Van Gogh
Café Terrace at Night is an 1888 oil painting by the Dutch artist Vincent van Gogh. This is the first painting in which he used starry backgrounds. The constellations are depicted with such fidelity to be able to precisely date the creation of the painting to 16-17 Sept. 1888.
Although a night scene, the painting is devoid of the colour black. Vincent states in a letter to his sister that, to him, the night is richer in colour than day. “Café Terrace at Night” ranks second in a list of the top ten most reproduced artworks from 2000 to 2010. Van Gogh’s “Starry Night” holds first place.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.