Dance by Henri Matisse
Henri Émile Benoît Matisse (31 December 1869 – 3 November 1954) was a French artist, known for both his use of colour and his fluid and original draughtsmanship. Dance (La Danse) is a painting made by him in 1910. The painting shows five dancing figures, painted in a strong red, set against a very simplified green landscape and deep blue sky.
The composition of the dancing figures is commonly recognized as “a key point of (Matisse’s) career and in the development of modern painting”. A source of inspiration for Henri Matisse was the performance of Isadora Duncan.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.