Girl with a Pearl Earring by Johannes Vermeer
Girl with a Pearl Earring is an oil painting by Dutch Golden Age painter Johannes Vermeer, dated c. 1665. It depicts a European girl wearing an exotic dress, an oriental turban, and an improbably large pearl earring.
Unlike the Mona Lisa, however, Girl with a Pearl Earring is not a portrait but a tronie, a Dutch term for a character or type of person. In 2014, doubts were raised about the material of the earring and argued that it looks more like polished tin than pearl. In 2006, the Dutch public selected it as the most beautiful painting in the Netherlands.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.