The Great Wave off Kanagawa by Hokusai
The Great Wave off Kanagawa is a woodblock print by the Japanese ukiyo-e artist Hokusai. It was published sometime between 1829 and 1833. It is Hokusai’s most famous work and one of the most recognizable works of Japanese art in the world. The image depicts an enormous wave threatening three fishing boats off the coast of the town of Kanawaga while Mount Fuji rises in the background. Hokusai has arranged the composition to frame Mount Fuji.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.