Girl with Ball by Lichtenstein
American artist Roy Lichtenstein was born in New York City on October 27, 1923, and grew up on Manhattan’s Upper West Side. He is considered as one of the greatest artists of the Pop Art Movement. He took the image for Girl with Ball straight from an advertisement for a hotel in Pennsylvania’s Pocono Mountains.
In pirating it, however, he transformed the photographic image, using a painter’s version of the techniques of the comic-strip artist. The girl’s round mouth is more doll-like than female; any sex appeal she had has become as plastic as her beach ball.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.