Turquoise Marilyn by Andy Warhol
The US artist Andy Warhol (1928-1987) was an important member of the visual art movement called pop art. He used many types of mediums in his long career, such as hand drawing, painting, printmaking, photography, silk screening, sculpture, film and music.
‘Turquoise Marilyn’ (1962) was replicated from a magazine still. The artist has placed her on a plain backdrop and used vibrant colours on her eyes, lips and earrings to make them prominent. The canvas was painted after Marilyn Monroe’s time on this Earth was over and highlights her iconic features.
This hand-crafted We Love Artbox is for all skill levels and contains everything you need to create a masterpiece:
- A 40x50cm canvas with a hand drawn outline of this famous masterpiece;
- Seven 75ml paint tubes of the colours you need, so you have the freedom to paint with as much texture as you would like;
- Three We Love Art branded paint brushes with nylon heads in all the sizes and shapes you need to paint this masterpiece; Having had tens of thousands of people experience We Love Art, we understand the ideal brush for you
- A step by step instruction guide honed to summarise what you need to know to create this masterpiece;
- Premium We Love Artbox (if available yet for this masterpiece!) gives exclusive access to full-length video tutorial of your chosen masterpiece with tips and tricks.